According to section 10 of the Finnish Personal Data Act (523/1999)
Oy Vallila Interior Ab (hereinafter ”Vallila Interior”)
Business ID 2425437-1
FI-00510 Helsinki, Finland
Telephone: +358 20 776 7700
Contact person in matters concerning the personal data file
c/o Oy Vallila Interior Ab
Telephone: + 358 (0)20 7767 871
Name of personal data file
Vallila Interior's register based on customer relationship and other relevant connection
Purpose of use
Personal data is processed for the purpose of controlling, managing, analysing and developing customer relationships and other relevant connections, business planning as well as marketing and customer communications that also can be conducted online.
Personal data can be processed in the manner permitted by the applicable legislation for direct marketing of Vallila Interior, companies belonging to the same group and selected cooperation partners of Vallila Interior, as well as distance selling and opinion polls and market research. Furthermore, personal data can be processed for the purpose of targeted marketing, for example, by means of profiling.
The following information and possible changes thereon can be processed in the personal data file.
Basic information of the data subject, such as:
- first and last name
- contact information (postal addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses)
- date of birth
- with respect to corporate customers, necessary information concerning the workplace of the contact persons.
Information related to customer relationship and other relevant connection as well as use of services and content, such as:
- registration date concerning Vallila Interior's services (e.g. customer number, online store user ID and password)
- date of commencement of the customer relationship and/or relevant connection
- areas of interest notified by the customer
- information concerning transactions (e.g. data on products purchased by the data subject, delivery address as well as necessary information on payment, invoicing and collection)
- information relating to managing a customer relationship and other relevant connection (e.g. complaints, feedback and recording of customer service telephone calls)
- information related to use of online services and content, technical data sent to the controller by the data subject's browser (IP address, browser, browser version) as well as cookies sent to the data subject's browser and related information if personal data is linked to the cookies
- information related to marketing and sales promotions, such as marketing actions targeted at the data subject, utilisation thereof and information provided in connection with these as well as direct marketing consents and prohibitions
Regular sources of information
Personal data concerning the data subject are collected from the persons themselves in conjunction with purchasing, use of and registration in various services such as the online store, other online services and various marketing activities such as events.
Personal data can also be collected and updated from Vallila Interior's other data files and those of its cooperation partners as well as from authorities and companies offering services concerning personal data.
Regular data disclosures and transfer of data outside the EU or the European Economic Area
Vallila Interior may disclose personal data in a manner permitted and required by legislation to, e.g., the authorities and to cooperation partners carefully selected by Vallila Interior if the data subject has not prohibited disclosure to the partner in question. Cooperation partners are not entitled to disclose personal data received from Vallila Interior to third parties.
Vallila Interior may transfer information contained in the personal data file to its own direct marketing data files after a customer relationship and relevant connection has ended unless the data subject has prohibited the use of its data for direct marketing.
Personal data is not generally transferred outside the European Union or European Economic Area unless it is necessary for the purpose of processing data or technical implementation. In this case Vallila Interior is responsible for ensuring compliance with the requirements of the personal data legislation.
Principles for the protection of the personal data file
Electronically stored personal data is protected in an adequate manner from third parties by means of fire walls and other technical safeguards, such as passwords. Documents processed manually and containing the personal data of data subjects are kept in locked facilities to which unauthorised access is prevented.
Only designated employees of Vallila Interior or companies representing it have access to the information in the personal data file as well as the right to use and maintain information in the personal data file to the extent required for them to perform their duties. Designated persons are bound by a confidentiality obligation.
Right of access, rectification and prohibition
Data subjects are entitled to inspect the data concerning them entered in the personal data file. A signed request for inspection must be sent in writing to the postal address of the controller. A request for inspection may also be presented in person at the controller’s premises.
Data subjects are entitled to prohibit their data from being processed and disclosed for the purpose of targeted advertising, distance marketing, direct marketing, market research or opinion polls. For this purpose, the data subject must contact the controller. The data subject also has the right to request the controller to rectify any error in their information. The data subject shall submit the aforementioned notices to the controller either by letter (Nilsiänkatu 15, FI-00510 Helsinki, Finland), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling Vallila Interior's customer service (tel. +358 20 776 7700).